Ms frontpage 2003 buy now pay later
With breakfast! You cannot possibly get on your way to work without gas in your car- so how do you think you can start your day without the proper fueling of your body? A doll-of-a-dietitian friend of mine gave this analogy once–Think of your metabolism like a fire. In order to get a fire going you have to use a sufficient amount of wood. Same with your metabolism fire- you need to fuel your body with a sufficient amount of nutrition to get the fire burning.
I can hear the words coming out of your mouth as I’m writing this- “I don’t have time for breakfast.”, or, “I’m not hungry in the morning.” Please. Yes you DO have time- and although you may not be hungry now, setting this great habit of eating breakfast will remind your body that it’s time to eat bright an early in the AM, so eventually you will be hungry when you wake up. With all that being said- Tomorrow set your alarm to wake up 5 minutes earlier and make time for breakfast whether you are a mom, dad, single adult or teenager…everyone needs breakfast- and it doesn’t always mean a bowl and a spoon or a skillet and whisk.
Lets just make sure that you breakfast includes:
Windows 8 1 enterprise january 2016
*Complex carbohydrates (ex: whole grain cereal, wheat bread, fruit, and low-fat milk)
*Protein (ex: eggs/egg whites, lean meat, nuts)
*Healthy fat (peanut butter, nuts, light cream cheese)
*Look for whole wheat bread and grain products instead of white/refined products
*Choose low-fat (skim, 1% or 2%) milk and dairy products
*Limit your intake of fried foods, grease, and extra gravies & sauces
*Aim to get fruit into your breakfast either as a juice or as a whole fruit
Here are some examples to get you started…
Quick 5 in 5
• 2 slices 100% whole wheat toast each with 1 Tbs. natural peanut butter and top with slices banana
• 1 scrambled egg, 2 oz turkey sausage, 1 whole 100% wheat mini bagel with 2 Tbs. 100% fruit jelly and 8 oz low-fat milk
• Yogurt Parfait: 6 oz low-fat Greek yogurt, 1 Tbs. honey, ¾ cup whole grain cereal and 2 Tbs. chopped nuts (or flaxseed)
• 1 whole wheat tortilla rolled with 2 oz turkey and 1 slice 2% cheese in addition to a pre-made yogurt smoothie
• 1 cup cooked oatmeal topped with ½ cup fresh blueberries and 2 Tbs. chopped pecans, 8 oz low-fat milk
1/2 cup rolled or steel cut oats
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 medium sized banana, sliced or chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, chunky or smooth
Combine first 4 ingredients in a 3-cup microwave-safe bowl; stir well. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
Add sugar and peanut butter to oats mixture. Stir until thick and creamy. Serve immediately.